We are here to help you when you need us.
Start here and pick a category to learn the in-and-outs of setting up, using, and troubleshooting your Fiber services.
At Geetel Communications, we're proud to offer you blazing fast internet. We also take just as much pride in bringing you friendly, local, customer service that's just down the street. The kind that's there whenever you need it. So, if you ever have any questions about your service, that is not listed here, a friendly, local Geetel representative is always just a phone call away.
To schedule a service appointment, call us at 1-765-258-3111.
Frequently Asked Questions:
My Internet is directly connected to my computer and I can't get online.First unplug the line from your computer and reconnect. Then restart your computer.
Internet Support: Networking Category
How do I connect additional PCs to my home network?
Setting up a Wired Network
Wired networks are the best way to connect your desktop computer to the Internet. While wireless networks offer flexibility for portable computers, wired networks offer unbeatable performance, reliability, and security.
If you have a single computer, connecting to the Internet is as simple as plugging the network cable into your computer. If you have more than one computer, you need to connect a router between the network cable and your computers. If one or more of your computers is in a different room from your router, you can use a network extender to connect the computer.
To connect more than one computer to the Internet, you will need a router. A router (which might also have wireless networking built in) allows you to connect several computers to each other and to the Internet. Connect the router to the network cable, and then connect all your computers to the router.
To connect a router and multiple computers to the Internet:(Connect your router to your network line in the following way:)
- If you currently have a computer connected directly to your network line, unplug the network cable from the back of your computer, and plug it into the port labeled Internet, WAN, or WLAN on the back of your router.
- Plug in your router. After a minute or two, the Internet, WAN, or WLAN light on your router will illuminate, indicating that it has successfully connected to your Internet.
- Connect a network cable to your computer's network adapter.
- Connect the other end of the network cable to your router in any of the remaining open ports.
- Start your computer and log on to Windows. Windows automatically detects that you are connected to the Internet.
Internet Support: Gaming Category
How can I hook up my PlayStation to your service?
- Power up the PlayStation 2, with an Ethernet cable connected, and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc
- Once it has loaded, Press X to enter the ISP SETUP
- The ISP SETUP will begin to load
- Once the setup process has loaded press X to continue
- Your PlayStation 2 will search for the network adaptor
- After the network adaptor has been found, press X to continue
- Press X again to continue
- Wait while the data is accessed
- Select NEW and then press X to continue
- Type a name for your ISP setting --> Rossville-Fiber
- When asked "Do you currently subscribe to an ISP service", select YES and press X to continue
- For connection type, choose HIGH SPEED CONNECTION (CABLE OR DSL) and press X to continue
- Select AUTOMATIC SETTINGS and press X to continue
- When asked if your ISP requires a User ID and Password, select NO and press X to continue
- When asked if your Internet Service Provider requires you to input a DHCP Host Name, select NO, Unplug your Ethernet cord from the PS2*, and press X to continue (Unplugging your Ethernet cord from the PS2 will cause the test to fail, you want this to happen so you can get the PS2 to display your MAC address.)
- Wait while your network connection is tested
- To test the connection, you will need to restart the ISP SETUP program. Perform steps 1 through 16 above
- Once the network connection test is successful press X to save the configuration to the memory card
- The network configuration will now be saved to the memory card. Do not remove the network card while this information is being saved
- Your PlayStation should now be configured to connect to the Internet and you should now be able to start playing online, press X to return to the main menu
- To test out your connection you can choose DEMOS and press X to continue
- From there follow the instructions on screen to play an online game demo. For further information regarding the PS2 online service visit the Official Web Site at Playstation.com
How can I hook up my Xbox to your service?
- Turn off your Xbox console before connecting any cables.
- Take your Ethernet cable and connect to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox console.
- Turn on your Xbox console, with no disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard choose Xbox Live. Or, play a game on your Xbox Live Starter Kit disc and choose the option for Xbox Live play.
- When you see the Xbox Live screen, congratulations! You are connected to Xbox Live!